Friday, March 07, 2008

Puffin Released Into The Wild

So March is already upon us and as I mentioned before, I have this pseudonymous children's book due out this month. The exact release date had slipped my mind - things do that when you're my age (yes, it starts early) - but I was reminded yesterday, by Stuart (who gets another name drop in the space of two blog posts - but then he deserves it, he's gone and ordered his copy) that the book is now out. Fright Night: The Shrieking Stones, allegedly by Steve Rogers but actually by yours truly. Go buy your copy now and who knows, maybe you'll get a mention here on my blog. Of course, that might be under an umbrella name of, say, "all the wonderful people who rushed out and bought my book", but imagine if at the end of movies they credited every person who watched them individually. That would just be madness. As an alternative, feel free to post comments here if/when you get a chance to read it.

Anyway, I've had a chance to read the finished article myself and I can recommend it. But then, of course, I would say that. On the other hand, I'll say it even louder when it's my name on the cover! :)

7 comments:

Stuart Douglas said...

Hey - my copy has been dispatched!

SAF said...

Excellent! Hope your boy enjoys it. (Is he going to get to read it before his Dad? ;))

Anonymous said...

Now the only question is, should we do to Simon / Steve Rogers what other Amazon users have done to David Hasselhoff?

http://www.amazon.com/Very-Best-David-Hasselhoff/dp/B00005Q8UG/

I say yes!

SAF said...

Hmm, can't get that link to work - but it involves David Hasselhoff, so I'm thinking it can't be good...

Stuart Douglas said...

Hooray - my copy of 'The Shrieking Stones', complete with special thanks to some guy called Simon Forward, has arrived! Cameron's already snaffled it, but I'll doubtless get to read it once he's finished :)

SAF said...

Ooer, now I must bite my nails in suspense of the verdict :)

Anonymous said...

SAF said:

'Ooer, now I must bite my nails in suspense of the verdict :)'

Well that's so much more hygienic than biting someone else's nails.